Building on its success of the research workshop in Oxford, EDEN is pleased to announce its Ninth Research Workshop organised in collaboration with the Institute of Education and the Center for Lifelong Learning at Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg in Oldenburg, Germany.
The workshop themes are organized along three broad lines of ODL research proposed by Zawacki-Richter and Anderson (2014). The issues and topics on each level may address but are not limited to the following research areas.
Emerging Distance Education Systems and Theories (Macro-Level), for example:
- Adaptive DE systems
- Lifelong and self-determined learning
- Globalization and international education
Management and Organization Models and Approaches (Meso-Level), for example:
- Open educational strategies
- Learning analytics
- Student and faculty support
Evolving Practices in Technology Enhanced Learning and Teaching (Micro-Level), for example:
- Learner experience design
- Personal learning environments
- Digital identities and social networks